Trishna-A Desire to Dance
A Pure classical Kathak Dance School
Trishna meaning "thirst to be overcome to reach enlightenment" is a Kathak dance school where training in pure Classical Kathak is given. At Trishna the transcended desires are expressed with the body dynamism of Kathak - a North Indian Classical Dance style.
Gifted with an artistic flair Poonam Shyam tries to quench her "Trishna" for creation through original traditional as well as contemporary thematic compositions. It is an attempt to carry forward the work of her Guru Smt. Rujuta Soman.
At Trishna Kathak is taught harmoniously blending the traditional yet innovative dance techniques for the rhythmic synchronization of mind and body.
Presently based in Zurich, Trishna aims to preserve and promote Kathak through performances, training, productions, education and organizing events and lecture demonstrations by stalwarts from the related fields of Indian Classical Dance and Music.
The objective of Trishna is to spread the pure joy of movements locally, nationally and internationally while maintaining the balance of technique and aesthetics of the graceful dimensions of Kathak.
Poonam Shyam has rightly showed her mettle through original traditional as well as contemporary thematic compositions at the local, national and international levels.
Trishna performs for theaters, associations, corporate celebrations as well as for private events.
Trishna can arrange various dance presentations with suitable content and duration required for your event and occasion.
Presently located in Zürich, Switzerland, Poonam has extensively performed and conducted Workshops at prestigious platforms Locally, Nationally and Internationally. To name a few -
- "Kalaghoda" Festival in Mumbai
- "Vasantosav" Festival in Pune
- Udai Shankar Ballet Festival in Jaipur
- "Vasundhara" Festival in Pune
- Sangeet Natak Academi - Choreography Festival "Nritya Kriti" in Ahmedabad
- Indian Embassy, Berlin, Germany
- InterCultura GRASSI Museum, Leipzig, Germany
- Orienttreff Alicanta, Spain
- India India Festival, Zurich, Switzerland
- The Leipzig Book Fair MDR TV Channel, Leipzig, Germany
- Journey through Indian Dance,Indian Ball, Kongresshaus Zurich / Switzerland
- Indian Concert: Ravi Shankar Symphony MDR-Studio, Germany and many more...
Performed in Feature Film – "Bayo" by Mr. Gajendra Ahire.
Leading role in a film "Dancing Poetry" on the poems of Dr. Salil Kulkarni and Sandeep Khare featured in the United States of America.
"Vasudev Balwant Phadke" - A marathi feature film, directed by the famous marathi director, Mr. Gajendra Ahire.
"Mani Mangalsutra" - A marathi feature film, directed by Mrs. Gauri Sarawte.